Thursday, April 17, 2014

O is for OST (or me pimping some that I like since I never did that here before)

When talking about anime or drama, OST or the long title Original Sound Track always trails closely behind. After all, it can make or break a scene depends on how well it suits the situation, but alas I'm not really an expert in this kind of stuff, so instead of going all strictly OST, I'm focusing more on the opening or ending songs used in anime instead, with a sprinkle of OST from anime (and some drama that I happen to watch or just listen somewhere) that stands out to me because that's how I roll ha!

To make it simpler, I'll be dividing them by categories; the anime OP/ED edition (I'll try to look for the ones with the animation because that's what usually makes me like them in the first place, unless the song is just so awesome), the anime OST edition, and the drama OST edition.

(I try to limit one song per anime/drama for OST lest I go and spam the hell out of this post with Mushishi's instead. No, really. I'm serious. As for the OP/ED it'll be 2 at most for series with sequels or 2-cour and 1 for the rest.)

Or, this will go down as the most random mixed of music post I ever did in the history of this blog. OTL




THE ANIME OP/ED EDITION 



Lucy Rose - Shiver [Mushishi Zoku Shou OP]
(Definitely the best OP of the season; simply by not being inferior to the 1st season's OP)


Ally Kerr - The Sore Feet Song [Mushishi OP]
(The said OP from the 1st season, which is a long-time classic)


Long Shot Party - Ano Hi Time Machine [Zoku Natsume Yuujinchou OP]
(This is by far the best OP whether in song or the animation from all 4 season of Natsume Yuujinchou)


Atari Kousuke - Natsu Yuuzora [Natsume Yuujinchou ED]
(Kimi no Kakera by the same singer from the 3rd season is another favorite but damn this one is so. damn. beautiful)


Oasis - Falling Down [Eden of the East OP]
(They freaking got an Oasis song! And that animation is so awesome despite the blatant abuse of pink)


Linked Horizon - Guren no Yumiya [Shingeki no Kyojin OP]
(Hands down THE anime OP of 2013. It conquered the internet like whoaa)


THE ANIME OST EDITION


Narasaki - Light [UN-GO OST]
(That. guitar. Seriously I search for the whole thing like mad just because of this one track.)



Masuda Toshio - Ri (Kotowari) [Mushishi OST]
(Choosing just one is a tough decision, but this one might be a representative in the style of the OST as a whole)

THE DRAMA OST EDITION


Nell - Run [Two Weeks OST]
(It's Nell. Doing a rock song. For a thriller drama. Do you need to ask more?)


Na Yoon Kwon - Give The World To You [Story of A Man/Slingshot OST]
(The very first drama OST that really stuck in my head and make me watch the drama; which remain one if not the best K-drama I've finished so far. No, really. It's that good.)


Choi Seong Wook - Lonely [The Innocent Man OST]
(The theme really suits the drama and makes me want to watch it; but then I happen to catch the last episode instead lol)


The list will be updated accordingly (particularly the OP/ED part lol) so do check it out from time to time.

Do recommend me your favorites and who knows, maybe I'll add it here later. XD

Till then,

o((*^▽^*))o

~the frustrated-because-some-songs-don't-have-YouTube-video Heiji

Music of the Day: We The Wild - Float

No comments:

Post a Comment