Monday, April 21, 2014

R is for Röyksopp ft. Susanne Sundfør's "Running To The Sea (Protohype & Carnage Remix)" (a.k.a I actually like the dubstep like whoaa)

I remember running to the sea
Alone and blinded by the fear

Röyskopp & Susanne Sundfør. (2013). Running To The Sea.






I'm not a fan of dubstep in general, as I think the distortion of the sound can be grating at the nerves sometimes, but luck has it that I stumbled on this one by pure coincidence and what do you know, I kinda like it and no one's more surprised than yours truly.

Like, my first thought on the first listen was something along the line of 'what is this why does it sounds kinda cool when it's dubstep like WHAT KIND OF SORCERY IS THIS'. Yeah.

(To say me and dubstep doesn't get along is an understatement; I took to remove the dubstep part on TVXQ's Catch Me because I can't stand it and the edited version of the song accumulates way higher play count than the original version. Go figure.)

I had no idea who the artists and the DJs were (and I still can't figure out the way to pronounce both artists' names correctly OTL) but I think the factor that hammer in that this song is actually good is Susanne's voice; for it reminds me a bit of Enya and the build up from the starting piano is amazing that I was hooked enough to listen properly throughout the whole song. I admit I was shocked a bit when the dubstep kicks in, but it didn't alienate me enough to stop the song, so it's a success if I can call one.


Of course, I might loving the original version more when I give it a chance later, but for now, I'll listen to this one for a bit longer.

As long as the dubstep don't annoy me to hell and back, that is.

Till then,

(* ̄0 ̄)θ~♪

~the still-shocked-because-it's-dubstep-like-whoaa Heiji

Music of the Day: Ellie Goulding - Under Control

No comments:

Post a Comment